Monday, January 23, 2006

I've got to get faster!

Today was the first day I worked on a patient that I didn't know. I don't know if I liked doing that so much. First of all, luckily she had pretty good teeth. She flossed daily and brushed at least once a day, so her gums were relatively tight. A couple 4's but mostly 1-3mm upon probing and not to much bleeding. She was a smoker, so that affects how her tissues heal, but the teeth weren't nasty. She said she didn't think she'd ever had a cleaning in her life, which I could belive because she had quite a bit of calculus. She ended up as a class 2 with Generalized marginal gingivitis with localized perio. I still need to review her x--rays.
Second, she was extremely patient, or at least was trying to be. I hate that I'm so slow. Joelle got her patient done from start to finish today. I struggle to get to the OD. Especially with x-rays. I guess it's better because last week I didn't do x-rays and only got the the OD, but today I did them and did got to the OD as well. None the less, it's frusterating. I want things to be clear in my head as to what I do next. I always have to stop and say, okay, now what comes next. I just want everything to flow. I guess it will only come with time and practice.
One good thing about today was I did an explorer PE, so I got one of those out of the way. Until next time...

No comments: