Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day 2010

_DSC0078
We hiked to Ensign Peak. Just us three. Then we had a picnic. Just us three. Then we explored the east side of SLC. Evva slept in her car seat. Then we spent the afternoon at home. Just us three. It's funny, but as much as I love our family. Sometimes it is nice to be just us three.


p.s. Rob asked me to help him cut his hair tonight. This has been an ongoing learning experience for me. Rob gets a little frustrated and I laugh and tell him I don't understand what he wants me to do. Honestly I don't, I'm not a faker.
He asks me why my mom didn't ever teach me to cut boy hair. I laugh. She did. My dad throws on a #1 and I do his entire head.
He looks at me like "This isn't funny, it's serious." Then he says to me,

R: "Isn't this a young women requirement?
T: What? {Laughing uncontrollably}.
R: "Why isn't this a YW requirement? It should be, women need to learn how to take care of their husbands."
...Still not a crack of a smile on his face....

I'll talk to Sister Dalton about that.

4 comments:

Carin said...

Haha... JC won't let me cut Zenock's hair anymore for that reason. I can do his, but all I have to do is find the shortest attachment and buzz it! :) Love your cute family picture.

Katie Petersen said...

I love it! I can totally see that whole situation going down. I absolutely love it!

Brooks, Amber & Maggie Jo said...

Im in the YW. We are always looking for activities, I will suggest this one. Maybe we can get the YM to volunteer their hair. Or the bishopric!!

The Birds said...

Rob freaking cracks me up! Love the pic of you guys. You look GREAT!