Thursday, November 17, 2005

Community Health-Research

There is so much research I never really thought would actually be relevant for me to have a knowledge base about. Research is done on all types of dental proceedures, instruments, x-ray film, dental supplies, etc. For example, if I have a patient who wants to know if an electric toothbrush is more effective than a manual one, and if so, which electric toothbrush is best. I need to know the research on the effect of and electric brush over manual, and then I need to know all the research on each electric toothbrush and then compare them. I need to be able to inturpret graphs, understand methods for measurement, consider time periods that the study was applied. It's good that I have the great resource of the internet and published data to refer to.

No comments: