Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Who needs paperwork?

So today in clinic we went through a whole patient. We tried to be on a time limit of one hour to get done with everything up to polishing (we learned how to do that today too). Needless to say I went over. BUT I really think that we should just throw the paperwork OUT THE WINDOW! I mean, really, why do we need it? :) It's just so time consuming and I never know if I'm doing half the stuff right anyhow. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I'll just keep hoping that one day it will just click, and until that moment, I will press forward with a bitterness towards the blasted paperwork!

3 comments:

Yoonjung said...

One hour is way short for me to do everything what I supposed to. Like you said, I am hoping everything comes natural to me SOME DAY.

Lissy Lu said...

I was feeling frusterated about the paperwork today too! I just know I'm going to miss something evertime! It is hard to remember it all and write sssooo much!!!!! It really gets OLD! I guess though that I am going to have to change my attitude because we have many a records to write in!

Heatherbelle said...

Oh I so know what you mean! My horrid grade in clinic last semester came because of not filling out paper work right and then not knowing that we only had a week to fix the entry in the chart!(yeah-missed that one little paragraph in the clinic manual)And in private practice we won't do anything like the paperwork we have to do here. But I've finally come to the conclusion that it is training us to think about each aspect of treatment planning. The paper check list will develop into your mental check list. It's really true! Wait until the day comes when you set down with a patient and when they open their mouth you are forming the treatment plan in your mind. As for writing making sure you don't forget anything on the forms-it took me until the beginning of this semester to get it all down!Don't worry!