Wednesday, June 21, 2006

People never cease to amaze...

Today I got an e-mail from my "long lost" cousin. Let me begin with a little background, might I add that this will probably make me look like someone who has a totally one track mind, but anyhow, here I go...
Back in the days of high school when homework was a heck of a lot easier, I had a super awesome friendship w/ my cuz. She was more like a sister! It was like the bff type. :) Anyway, she was just fun to be with cause we were both super outgoing and had a good time, but we never had to worry about being put in a scetchy situation with each other, we knew what was right and we did it...most the time :). Anyhow, she seriously was a great example to me. She had a strong will to do what we've been taught we should. So when she graduated and moved to school, I really missed her a lot. We would talk often and she would update me on the boys she was dating and so on.
Once while she was updating me she informed me that she had two prospectives, yet one wasn't someone who would be able to give her the things she's always wanted and desired. So it was with great shock that I got a letter one day after not talking to her for a couple of months telling me that she had moved in with him!!!
Now, me being the niave child I was wrote her back and told her that I couldn't imagine she was living with him and not giving of herself...completely. I never heard back, so we'll just "assume" (Hello! Red lights started flashing a little to late for me, but I caught on).
So she's living with this guy who hates, along with his family, everything our family has ever lived for. Somehow things just weren't clicking in my head.
Truth be told, I was very dissapointed in her. I guess maybe I just haven't forgiven her and I need to, I'm sure. It's just hard when you look up to someone so much and they have so much potential, yet they make stupid irrational mistakes. So I yes, I struggle with her. Truly I do, I think it is SO sad! Yet we all have our agency.
So because of this I do better to just keep my distance, probably not the best think I can do on my part. She did marry this guy recently and I did show my support, and with all my heart, I truthfully wish her the best and I really hope she IS happy.
The thing that amazes me is when I think I know all the suprises with the choices she's made, she gets in contact with me via e-mail, or phone and lets me know just one more. Come on! Give me peace!

Sorry for the vent, but I just had to do it! I think one of the hardest things for me to see is someone with such potential, such determination to fulfill their dreams, just loose sight of what they've been doing and give it all up. That's something I struggle with. It's really hard for me to understand.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

People will never cease to amaze me! I am constantly surprised that those people who I thought were the strongest fell the hardest! It is hard to watch them and know the heart ache that they are going to have to live through. I guess it is the 'times'