Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh Beautiful for Spacious sky....

Well, we've celebrated our country's freedom for this year! I was a very fun time. Perry always has a really big small town celebration that I just love! They have a big softball tournament the couple days proceeding in the evening and then they have the games going all day on the 4th.

Rob and I decided to be spontaneous and set up the tent in my parent's backyard (we don't have any grass at our house) on Monday night. That was fun. We woke up to the loud speaker at the park announcing the flag ceremony. We participated while still in bed. ha ha! They have a big breakfast for a killer deal! Tons of food for #3.50. So we did that, then my brother had a softball game we watched. After, we watched the parade, they had a lifeflight helecopter from the U come fly over us a whole bunch of times then landed in the church parking lot across the street for all to see. We went over, but not until after the car show. It was fun, there were only about 20 cars there, but there were some nice ones. This was the first time they've done it too, so I'll assume it will grow in the upcoming years.

After those festivities we settled down and watched Nanny McPhee and took a tiny nap until we were off and running again. We went to Rob's parents house for the "Riley firework show" They had a few other families come over and we had enough fireworks to have chaos and keep everyone entertained for a good hour and a half.

So that's the story of my 4th of July. We had a really good time and it was exciting to see Rob for the whole day. Him and my brother had a good time together too. I think Tyson, my brother, is just really excited to have another boy in the house! I'm glad they had fun!

1 comment:

Marion Jensen said...

Small town celebrations are the best. If I had the choice between SLC, Provo, Ogden, or Riverside (UT), it would be Riverside, hands down.