Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mockboard #1

Well, I survived it! It was a really good experience. I was able to get a feel for how things will go on one of the most important days of my life!! I got my patient checked in early (due to the fact that I wasn't sure what we were supposed to do with them other than the HHX, so I hurry and did everything after b/c I didn't know we were supposed to do all the extra/intra. Guess I should've read more of the candidate guide rather than the first half.) So he was accepted and I got started. The calculus was really tenacious, but luckily I had the chance to work on him the week before. Finished and got him checked out a couple minutes early. I really felt like there were still a couple spots left, but I just wasn't sure if that's how his anatomy is. I swear, those two patients I had last year with rough anatomy killed me. Now I'm so paranoid that I'm just scraping teeth and I'm going to keep trying to get it off, but it won't come.
Anyhow, although I missed 4 spots, only 2 of them were test sites, so, I only got docked 12 pts. and I didn't mess up on anything else, luckily. So...I passed.

Let's just hope that's what happens in the real thing! For some reason, I think the fact that this is it and the fee of $750 will be weighing on my mind heavily that day. Oh well, amazingly enough, I was actually kinda nervous yesterday... not like me.
I did use some of my tips from my previous post. The montana jack almost everywhere. I used the American Eagle and my Barnhart on most of the areas in the posterior, even pulled out my mini gracys (but I think they were still to big for his pockets). However, after they came back with the spots I missed, I pulled out my McCall, which got them. I'm nervous to use it b/c it's a sickle and when I get deep into those pockets, I'm still a little afriad. I'm glad I did though, b/c it gave me confidence and I think I'll pull it out more often.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Way to pass mockboard! It is so great that WSU gives you that opportunity so that by the time the real thing comes your are not nearly so nervous. Good job! It sounds like things are going well for you!!