Wednesday, January 19, 2011

American


I'm really liking this book. Just finished the chapter on 9/11. I'm so blessed. And grateful for his leadership at such a time of turmoil in our country. I appreciate him, although I don't agree with EVERYTHING he ever did in office. I appreciate him and what he has done for our country.
I am proud of our history.
I feel chills when we sing the national anthem.
Commercials about veterans make me cry.
I'm so honored to have men and women serve and sacrifice so that I can be free.
So Thank You!

3 comments:

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Oh my gosh! Justin got me a Nook for our anniversary and I downloaded the free sample of this book, which included the entire first chapter. I love it! I keep telling myself that when I finish the stack of actual books on my nightstand I'm going to buy this one and finish it. I think it's fantastic so far. I'm also looking forward to reading Laura Bush's book in the future. Happy reading Tati!

Carin said...

I have been wanting to read this!!! Have you read Sarah Palin's book "Going Rogue." I read it a year ago and loved it. I'm officially a palin fan. JC just gave me her second book, so now I'm working on that, but Decision points is next. :)

Kati said...

Tat! I love that you would blog about this and your feelings about it! It seems people are so weird about talking about how they feel about where are country has beena nd where it is at and unfortunatly, I don't think most people are proud of our history. It was so refreshing to me to read what you wrote in this post. I have not read this book, but I am a patriot. I love this country and our history more than I can even express... It is so nice to share those mutual feelings with someone as great as you!