Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Catching on

So today clinic was a good experience. I'm really begining to catch on and really enjoy the program. Things are starting to slow down from that first initial rush...either that or I've caught on to the pace from when we hit the ground running.
In clinic we learned how to do an extra-oral exam. That's where we feel the outside surfaces of the face and neck to see if there are any lumps or bumps or places of tenderness. It was neat to learn something we're actaully going to be doing. Also we started to work on our partners with an explorer and a mirror, just tracing along the gumline. We were getting used to using an instrument while using a fulcrum, which is your finger as a resting place on the teeth. It was good to get the explorer in my hand and actaully do the stuff.
So far this week has been really good. I've really had a better attitude and I'm not so worried all the time. That is a HUGE relief. I was wondering how I was going to do it for the next two years if that's how it was going to go. But I'm really enjoying it now!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Hey Tatiana!!
Good job in clinic today - your extra-oral exam almost put me to sleep. I'm glad we're clinic partners, and I hope you're feeling better than you were this morning. See you soon!!

Mary Ann said...

You are amazing! You did such a great job in clinic today even though you were not feeling super great! Your fulcrums are looking good! Remember to train that thumb!