Monday, September 12, 2005

Dental Hygiene Clinic

Today is my 4th day of clinic in the Weber State University Dental Hygiene program. I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with the whole program, but am getting the hang of things day by day. I'm starting to get to know the girls in my class a little better and it's been fun, especially today because we've had a little down time to think about things other than homework and studying. :) We've been working on patients health history charts, using a partner here in the class as an example. Today we did blood pressure and pulse rate. It was so fun because we worked on it last week and I wasn't able to hear the beat through the stethescope, but today I DID! It was an amazing experience. :) I'm really beginning to like it and feel a little bit more comfortable....until I do homework tonight. :) Also, in Radiology lab this morning, we started taking x-rays. That was fun, but a little frusterating. Out of 10 x-rays, only 1 tunred out to be diagnostic. NUTS! I've got to line them up a little bit better.

No comments: