Monday, September 19, 2005

Explorer Day

Hey Hey Hey! Today was Explorer day! So today we did our first Intra-Oral Exam...AWKWARD! I feel so weird! It's nothing like extra oral. Extra is easy, you do it in like a pattern, but intra you have to notice all these structures. It just feels so weird and at the same time you're trying to not to get their saliva all over their face. CRAZY!
So anyways, after that we worked on finding calculus on the teeth with an explorer. That was kinda fun. My thumb position is getting better. I'm really starting to feel a little bit more comfortable with the instrument. I was kinda scared though because I was afraid I'd go under the gums and poke Desiree really hard. But all in all, it was a good day.
On the way home today I've got to stop and get a stethescope so I can do my vitals...Yipee!

1 comment:

Ashley Bee said...

Hey Tatiana! I wanted to comment on your blog. You are such a great blogger! I need to be more like you. I agree that Exploring was kinda awkward today. We had fun with it though. I definitely am going to sterilize some instruments and take them home with me. Hopefully my family will be willing to let me put very sharp objects in their mouths :) The intra oral exam was hard for me because I really wasn't sure what I was looking for. I love the pics! You're so cute!