Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It really meant a lot!

Last week Rob and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary. YAY! We're half way through a year together, and we're loving it! Our anniversary was Thursday and so I made steak on the grill at my parents and we had a little candle lit dinner on their patio. I think I did pretty good, if I do say so myself. :)
On Saturday we were planning to go to dinner and do something else, we decided to go to the drive-in, but by the time Rob got of work and we got done visiting with family, it was too late to get ready and to the drive-in. This summer I feel like all we do is run, and by the weekend we're so pooped we just want to relax. Needless to say, I feel so frumpy a lot because I don't ever have anything to get all dressed up for. I hate getting all cute to sit at home, so I usually bypass the makeup and jewlery, all the things that make you feel pretty.
With that said, I was really looking forward to saturday so that I could get all cleaned up and go do something fun with Rob and some good friends! When we left Rob's parents I decided that we should just go play tennis because I didn't want to go anywhere without showering and all that jazz and we didn't have time. I told him that I felt gross and I had been looking forward to it, but we could do it another time. (It was a super hot day and I was sweating like a pig!) Rob, as cute as he is said, "how about this, you go get showered and cleaned up and then we'll go out to dinner." I was so excited...I know it's so pathetic, but it seriously meant to much to me! We left our house about 9:30 and got to Chili's (open late) at 10:00 and got dinner and dessert! It was like the best night! It felt like we were dating again! But now...we come home together. We haven't done that in a really long time! It's crazy how busy you get when you're married that you forget to do stuff like that. I had a blast and I'm glad I have such a great husband to do fun stuff like that with!
(Sorry my stories are so long! I don't know why I feel like I need to add all the details, but I guess it's just more for you to enjoy!)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I love the details! I think Rob is great! i am glad he is taking care of you! You are almost and RDH and I do value your opinion!!!! I hope you have reason to dress up again soon!