Tuesday, November 21, 2006

No talky talky!

So today was good. However, my patient this afternoon is so chatty! She's way nice, but she talks non stop with too much information. I just need to know basics for a HHX, unless I inquire, but when I do, she gives me the whole shebang!
Anyhow, needless to say I only got done w/ the HHX where we found she might have to pre-med for a heart murmur, so we sent a physicians consult, and rather than waiting for who knows how long to get a response and then an hour if she had to, I decided to take x-rays and send her on her way. I'm not hurt by this. I'm ok. However, she did have a crown come off, and she's keeping it in a plastic baggie with her meds until she can get into the dentist....whatev!
My pt this morning was a 5, he's an avid waterpick user, so he didn't have much plaque or calc even, but he did have a few 6-7 pockets and even an 8 that had some stuff deep down. All around though, his tissue was really healthy which is great! It just took me a long time in those areas and I seriously felt like I'm getting so slow!

Until next time, I want everyone to have a happy turkey day!

No comments: