Sunday, March 30, 2008

Catching up...


Wow, these last few weeks of March have been crazy!  First of all, we have a new nephew.  Korver Jim Riley came into this world on March 12.  He so tiny, but has really big hands and long toes.  He's such a cutie, and he's been so good!

When we got to the hospital Korver was getting his first bath.  They really scrubbed him good, and then they put him under the heating lamps.
Last weekend we took my sister Mackenzie up to BYU-Idaho so Rob could give her a tour of the campus and so that she could find her classes and where she would be living.  I can't believe she's moving away until next December!  Of course she'll be home to visit once in a while, but I still can't believe she's that old!  I personally didn't like it much, mostly because the wind was blowing so hard and it was frigid!  I was totally wearing my gaucho pants the day before in Utah!
On our way home, we stopped in Garland for some egg coloring!  Kristen had gotten the kids these aprons from downeast and some had other people's names on them.  It was so funny because Keaton's had the name "George" on it, and knowing Keaton, he would be the one to have a funny name like that on his, so we called him George the rest of the day!  Here he is, but you can't see his name.

I'm also wearing an apron, mine didn't have a name, but it's for like 8 yrs olds, so it's really small and only covered my shirt.  Anyhow, I'm really particular about my egg coloring (I can be, I don't have kids yet.) and coloring my egg is like a work of art.  Here I am w/ my proud piece this year.  Green w/ Yellow polka dots. 

This is Rob's jeep that he drove in high school.  They repainted it and have fixed it up for his little brother to start driving when it warms up...who knows when that will be?

Rob's family does the egg hunt on Saturday, so we headed up there that morning for the annual egg hunt.  All the kids were really excited!
Tytan on the hunt, it looks like he found a few.
And Gracie found my masterpiece!  I was so excited!  It didn't last long however, it was dropped and cracked and so...I ate it.
We finished up there by having a hot dog roast at the property.  We had s'mores too.  It was good, and I just want it to be warm so that we can have more! 
We had a great weekend.  We went to my mom's for easter dinner, but just kind of relaxed and so sorry, but no pictures of that.  Rob's birthday is on Wednesday April 2, so hopefully I'll have some good ones from his big day!

7 comments:

Carin said...

Happy Birthday in 2 days Rob!! I miss you guys! It sounds like you are having fun though. Your masterpiece egg was beautiful Tati... as I read your blog I can hear your voice in my head saying.. "It dropped and cracked and so.. I ate it." It was so cute, I laughed. :) Love you guys!

Kristin said...

Just look at your hidden talent! I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful Easter egg in my entire life. I don't even know how you made it look so professional.

I'm glad your Easter was good and I second the notion that it's time for Spring, sunshine, and warmth.

Aimee said...

Hey Tots,

I sure love all your pictures! What a cute baby. I couldn't believe it had been so long since I posted, but you can jump....cos I posted again today. Love ya lady!

Allyson said...

You're so talented! I loved reading about your fun easter! Beautiful baby!

Rory and Jen said...

It sound like you've been busy! easter is always fun. It reminds me of my grandpa, a few years before he died he had colored the wrong dozen of eggs so they were raw and my younger brother thought it would be funny to crack it open on his forehead not knowing the eggs were raw, when he did it went running down his face. it was pretty funny.
Anyway, tell Rob Happy Birthday! How's he likeing student teaching? when is he done? It's soon , right!It will be nice to have him finished with school.

Em said...

Hello Tots! You are so crafty. Wish I was. I try to update but it is hard with no computer. I just can't seem to let go of the money. I have updated though.

Melissa said...

Look like you guys have been busy! Nice Jeep! Is that a plastic carton he is sitting on:)?
We colored eggs this year too, first time for me in YEARS! Mine were not nearly as professional as yours!