Monday, April 07, 2008

Happy 26th Rob

April 2 was Rob's 26th Birthday.  He kind of had a rough time w/ accepting that he's 26, but at the end of the day he felt like he could handle it.   I'm so glad!  :)  This year I decided to throw him a surprise party w/ our families.  He's never had a surprise party before, and I tried so hard to keep it a secret.  I thought he would suspect something, b/c I almost got caught a few times, but he didn't have a clue!  I was so excited and he was so surprised!  
This is Rob coming in the 2nd time, b/c I forgot my camera the first.  Oops!
Here are some of the attendees: On the couch:Grandpa Pete, my mom, Grandma Pete, Rob's dad, then mom, and Sydnee of the floor.
Keaton always gets so excited to open presents.  This rake came from Rob's brother Will.  Keaton is trying to help...
A couple weeks before his birthday, Rob and I were at the store and happened to stop and look at the cakes and said that neither of us ever had a cake made at a bakery for our birthday when we were little, and how we remembered those ones were always the coolest, so I decided to get him one of those too.  I actually didn't know he never had a surprise party until that night. :)
And here he is, my 26 year old birthday boy!  I love him so much and am so proud of him and all that he's accomplished!  He's the love of my life and he makes me laugh everyday!  I'm so grateful for him!
Hope you had a good birthday Hon!  I love you!  (It's nothing short of pure love that at this moment I'm sitting on the couch with him watching a BASKETBALL game and cheering for Kansas to win so that he can win the Petersen March Madness tourney and get his name on the plaque at my grandpa's house!  Oh well, the things we do for LOVE)

7 comments:

Carin said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rob! Awesome party! I know Rob loves you so much for it. It looks like a lot of fun.. I can't believe you were able to keep it a secret. I would not be able too. BTW, Kansas?? Memphis totally deserved to win... poor memphis. :)

Aimee said...

Hope you enjoyed your 26th birthday Rob. Wait until you turn 33....that's a real bummer! Anyway, enjoy yourself!

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Hey Tat...
You've been on this thing forever. How did we not run into each other. Sounds like things are good. I really need to post a new blog. I just go back from visiting Jeri in Seattle so check my page in a few days for an update. Take care. Truds

Em said...

Ya just wait till your 33. Tot's I don't like to get emotionally involved in my movies. I like blood and guts and action. No feeling there. P.S. I Love you it OUT. Miss you guys.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Happy B-day Rob. Being 26 years old is no big deal.. 86, now that is a different story. Looks like you had a great party. Wow, I can't say I've ever got a rake for my B-day.

Brooke said...

What a cute wife you are! Don't know your husband...but a Happy Birthday, anyway! (smile)

Candice said...

You are so fun! I thought about throwing Jason a surprise party once...but that's all that happened. :) I'm back in business finally! (we got the internet!) I'm spreading the news far and wide... How's the job going?