Monday, April 28, 2008

My Little Institute Grad

Yeah!  I have pictures!  Since my last post I have been making more of an effort to take my camera w/ me.  So here are the latest!  
First of all, I would like to introduce you all to my little Institute Graduate!  Last night Rob graduated from the Ogden Institute of Religion.  I'm so proud of him, don't mind that it was like 100 degrees in the building and my hair is as limp as spaghetti, but I'm so proud of him!  This week is his week for sure!  He's graduating on Friday (more pictures to come, promise!) I can't believe the time is finally here!
So today Rob had his last seminar for school and last night we stayed up late putting his binder together.  I went to Ogden w/ him b/c I had a doctor's appointment and we wanted to save on gas...unfortunately that didn't happen b/c when we got to school Rob realized he'd totally forgot his portfolio at home, so I dashed back home to get it and only ended up being 15 minutes late to my appointment.  No harm done, they got me in the second I walked in, maybe I should try that more often. :)  
Rob and I went out for lunch to "celebrate" this being his last week of school.  If you know Rob, you know he can find any reason to celebrate and go out to eat, he's been counting down the days til Friday, not just because of graduation, but because of Maddox, and he IS getting dessert!  Here's my happy little graduate after lunch. 
Rob is also obsessed w/ trains, ok, not obsessed, but he really likes them.  So this weekend he wanted to go down to frontrunner, but we didn't end up having time.  But today we did drive down to the transit station and check them out.  I think we'll definitely be hitting it up this weekend.  Has anyone tried it out?  How was it?

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I hear that the Frontrunner has been doing very well! I hope that it helps with traffic into SLC!

Congrats Rob! The hard work paid off! :)
I love eating at Maddox...I'm jealous!

Carin said...

Congrats Rob! That is so exciting that he will be done. I love that feeling. One more semester for us.. YAY! He sounds exactly like JC as far as eating out... He makes up excuses for it, like, "Hey, I made a goal tonight, let's celebrate!" (To be honest, I think I like my food better now...)

JC's sister Kelly took the frontrunner back to Salt Lake last weekend and took Haylee and Malia. They loved it and had a lot of fun.

Oh yes.. by the way, I love your purse in the first picture! SO cute! My new FAV color this year is yellow. Don't know why, but I'm just loving it. :)

Unknown said...

I love Maddox. My in-laws introduced it to me last summer and I actually associate with you, because you're the only person I know of that is from Brigham. But it is delicious!

Kati said...

Congrats to both of you! I am so happy that Rob is graduating- that is so exciting for both of you!

My brother tried out the front runner the first day it was running and he about died! They had to wait and wait in a overly full train. He said that there were so many mom's that had taken their kids on a free joy ride that were crying their eyes out because it was just like sardines in there. I think it will be great now that it isn't the first day (Like the opening day of IKEA- what a squishy day that was :)). Have fun- I hope it is a blast!

Man am I missing Maddox right now though...