Sunday, June 01, 2008

We've been having fun!

We really have been having fun the last few weeks.  Just haven't gotten that many pictures.  Last weekend I went shopping w/ my sister-in-law and her kids.  I was entertaining Tytan while she was getting some shopping done for herself and we made it to the toy section in Kohls where Tytan found some train books.  He loves trains!  Next week we're going to the Zoo, so I'll have pictures from that.
This weekend we were over at my parent's and Rob was saying he needed to get a haircut and my mom offered to do it.  Rob is extremely particular about his hair, and I was laughing so hard because he couldn't say no to his mother-in-law.  My mom of course did a good job and Rob was happy with it, but he was a little bit nervous. 
We also put a little garden in.  Our little place had a sandbox at one time, but we laid some topsoil over it and got some tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, and jalepenos planted.  I got some basil too (I totally love fresh basil!), but we ran out of room, so it's on a pot on our patio.   Rob did great planting our garden.  He's such a good little farmer.
I got a fun little wand to water my plants with.  I'm really excited to get our garden going.  We just LOVE tomato sandwiches in the summer!  My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
We also decided we were big enough to handle a car payment (and the jeep was becoming more temperamental) so after months of doing research on which car would be best for us, we decided on the Hyundai Tucson.  A shout out goes to Murdock Hyundai of Logan for getting us a great deal and helping us get through this monumental purchase. :)  If you're looking for a car, go see Bruce there and tell them we sent you.  He seriously was awesome!  So here it is, the exact car we got.  We're big kids now!

7 comments:

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

Hey guys...slow down with all of the new things in life! Just kidding, life sounds great. Hope you're all doing well. Miss you Tati!
Trudy

Kati said...

Well congrats on the hair cut, garden and car! That is awesome! This year was my first experience gardening and it is so FUN!!! My carrot, peas, beans and cucumbers just started coming up! I am so excited! I hope your garden grows well!

Erin said...

SO FUN!! I love summer! The car looks great...so does the garden!

Em said...

Nice! So when are you two going to start working on filling the back seat with car seats?

The Birds said...

So fun!! Congrats on your big purchase! Preston and I know exactly how you feel. It's a big step, but one you can be proud of! We LOVED our Hyundai. It was a Santa Fe, but if we hadn't grown out of it we probably would have driven it forever. We would definitely buy a Hyundai again! Can't wait to see the fun new set of wheels! Love ya,
~Chandi

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

AND, if you do come down to St. George you can stay at my house. You don't even have to hang with us, just stay in one of our 2 spare rooms. We have plenty of room That would save you some mula too.

Rory and Jen said...

Nice! all that hard work has paid off. It'll be nice that both of you are done with school and you can actually save money and do what you want with it. Congrats, that is exciting!