Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to the grind...

Well, Here I am back at school. Today was my first offical day back at clinic. I went last Tuesday, but arrived two hours late, due to the fact that I thought I had it on Thursdays, but that's not until next sememster.

Anyhow, today was a good day. I worked on my brother who's leaving on a mission in 4 weeks. He was a class 2 last time, but we classified him as a 1b today. I guess he's been doing a little better. He didn't have a lot of deposit , but he did have quite a bit of demineralization on his straight facials due to his braces. He had a spot on 12 that I think should be fixed before he leaves. He was great and we finished early even, so that wasn't too bad.

In the afternoon my Grandpa came in. I wish I could say that was a breeze too, but it wasn't. I felt so bad because we ended up having to do a physician's consult that we never got back. Apparently he went to a Dr who told him he had a heart murmur, but no other doctor had mentioned it to him, and he'd been to two since. Regaurdless, we had already turned the paperwork in, so we couldn't change the verdict of having to do a consult. We rescheduled him and in the meantime he will get a consult from the Dr who told him he had the murmur.

Although we weren't able to do anything, it was a good learning experience and it was good for me to explain why a heart murmur would require antibiotic treatment.

My goals for next clinic are to finish both patients and get some requirements completed.

Until then...

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like your semester is starting off in the usual fashion..no patients due to dr consults which never come back. I think one girl in my clinic had like 7+ patients in one semester that had to have dr consults due to HBP. It was rough for her to get her reqs done. I know you will do it! I mean you finished your bro EARLY! That right there shows you that by the end of the school year you will be ready for 45 min-1 hour patient treatments!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You were all over the place this summer. And you have cute pictures on your blog too. I really want to keep using my blog after graduation for personal stuff and maybe a little hygiene talk too! I totally went MIA on blogging over the summer though. It is fun to see what other people did though. Sorry about your Gramps, that is crappy!

Skye said...

Hey thanks for the books and for always offering to help me; it makes me feel a little better knowing I can ask you a question if I'm lost. My brother's leaving to Burmingham, Alabama in a couple of weeks, where is your brother going?