Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas 2006


Santa was very good to us this year. We were extremely blessed! Some very good news for you who frequent this blog is that I got a digital camera, so hopefully I'll be able to post more pictures. Saturday night we all went to my family Christmas party and it was so fantastic. My whole family-cousins, aunts and uncles, neices and nephews, grandparents (minus my dad's twin and family from Michigan)-was all there. It was fabulous! It's been a while since we've all been together like that. Unfortunately I didn't get my camera until Monday morning, so I don't have any pictures of that. However, I wish I could've gotten a picture of my cousin's little boy. He loves Superman and was wearing some zip up pajamas w/ the footies. He kept unzipping them and saying "I'm supaman" So we snuck back to my grandparent's den and printed off the Superman logo, cut it out and tapped it onto his chest. It was classic, after that when he unzipped, he had something to show, as well as his muscles.

Here are some pictures that Rob snapped of our apartment on our first Christmas together.




Sunday was great. In YW all the leaders read their favorite Christmas story. I barely made it through mine. However, I had to stop a few times and gather myself. I swear! It's just so touching though. If you're interested, it's titled "Trouble at the Inn" by Dina Donahue. So precious! I'm sure you can Google it. Anyhow, it was so fabulous to be at church and think of our Saviour's birth.

After church we went to my parent's to meet my mother's cousins and their families who came to visit us from Florida and Honduras. Karen, who still lives in Honduras came on Thursday night, but Kathryn who lives in Florida, got to SLC Saturday night. It was so good to meet them. Kathryn is a memeber of the church and has been for a while, and her daughter Ashley just joined. She wants her son Robert Henry to come to school out here, so they are planning to do that while their here too. It's so great to have them here to spend the holidays with us!

After visiting with them shortly we went to Rob's parent's house and went on their traditional "Christmas Hike" with real latterns up to the canal (It's about 1 mile there and 1 back). It sounds kinda crazy to be hiking in the freezing cold, but it was actually quite fun! We sung Christmas carols and laughed the whole way and it's a tradition that I think I'll grow quite fond of.

Sunday night we were able to talk to my brother Tyson who's serving his mission in the Mexico, Cuernavaca mission. He's been there three weeks and sound so great! I love him so much! It's crazy to talk to him, but he says he's absoluely loving it and we know that's where he's supposed to be.

After the call we went back to Rob's parents to stay and wait for Santa to come. It's tradition in Rob's family as well that they all sleep together, so Rob, Will, and I all bunked in Mark's bedroom. We watched "How the Grinch stole Christmas" and fell asleep. In the morning we woke up about 6:20 and watched Taxi until 7:00am when Will felt it was okay for us to go down. Santa definately found us. The first thing I opened was our digital camera from my parents. I totally LOVE it! So excited! So we snapped a few pictures w/o a memory card and I can't figure out how to get them on the computer to post them yet, but I will.

I did however get some on the memory card of Rob and his new paintball gun. Him and his 3 brothers got one. Our brother in law already has one so, on New Years day, they are planning a war.
Yesterday Will, Rob and Matt got them out to break them in on each other and it was quite entertaining for us all to watch.

No comments: