Friday, May 25, 2007

the interview...

Well, I had my first working interview yesterday. It's a dentist in Brigham City which is AWESOME! (Take that gas companies! No more driving for me!) I really liked his office and I felt really good about it. I cleaned one of the assitants teeth and I think it went pretty well. I didn't really like the fact that they gave me the one who was really jumpy, but I guess I did ok. It was kind of wierd b/c no one was there to make sure I did everything or check my work after I was done. I'm all on my own!
The dentist came in and did an exam, and I was really embarassed b/c I forgot to do an extra/intra oral examination and apparently I missed a spot b/c he picked up the scaler! I was dying! I guess the good thing is is that I felt really comfortable there and I actually told him I forgot to do the extra/intra oral exam and he laughed. I think I still need a cheat sheet or something so I don't loose my head.
SOme of the reasons that I really would love this job is that:
1. I get a whole hour for adults!
2. I get 45 min for kids
3. He is really big on treating perio, although he says only 2% of their patients have active perio.
4. I feel really comfortable there and with his staff and he's big on being a team player.
5. It's in Brigham City
6. He's planning to buil a new office in a yr.
7. He seemed pretty willing to let me adapt the hygiene aspect of the practice to what I feel is needed.
8. They are pretty laid back and try to make it as enjoyable for the pt as possible.
9. It will probably be a full time position in the very near future.
10. He thinks it's very important to be involved in the community and is supportive of my involvement in ADHA.

Okay, so although I mentioned that I had heard a negative comment about him, I just have to go with my gut instinct and say that I really hope I get this job b/c he just seems fantastic! I'm really holding out for this one! Like really holding out!

Anyhow, he said he'd let me know in about a week.

4 comments:

Kami said...

Wow! Sounds lke you had a great working interview. I am glad. I know that you were competing for this job with quite a few people. If he offers it to you, that is a big feather in your cap. Good job!

Hale yeah! said...

Dude, look at you! I think you totally have to go with your gut instinct. No one is perfect and there is always going to be someone who disagrees. Besides it is true, you don't have to stay there forever. Good luck and I will be looking forward to what happens.

Em said...

Ok, so I had one hour for each pt, even the perio pt (only did one quad). I kinda ran 5-10 min behind. I am going to an office tomorrow and I pray that I get one hour there too or I will be in big troublt. But the instruments totaly suck! I am bring some more of my own tomorrow too. Always trust your gut instinct.

Candice said...

Good luck with your decision! I'm sure you will find somewhere awesome! Thanks again for letting me borrow your study stuff! It really helped a TON! :) Let's do lunch soon!