Thursday, May 24, 2007

My first working interview

So today I have a working interview w/ a dentist here in my home town! So nice because I'm sick of driving 40 minutes to school/work everyday! So hopefully it works out. I took a resume on Monday and he showed me around the office and I met the staff and felt pretty good/comfortable there. But then last night a friend told me something negative about him. I'm just not sure. I'm beginning to wonder if there's always someone who thinks badly of each dentist, so I guess all I can do is trust my own instincts. Any thoughts on the subject?

Something that I think of as well is what Instructor Allen told us, "Never feel like you have to stay at your first job. Test the waters and if there's something you want that you're not getting, find someone who will give it to you." So I keep thinking about that as well. Oh well, I guess we'll see how today goes and then decide.

2 comments:

Marion Jensen said...

Yeah, you're never going to get a perfect situation. It's best to realize that everybody is going to have quirks. If you can put up with those quirks, stick around. If not, put in 6 months or a year, and then look around. Makes the resume look better.

Candice said...

Hey thanks for letting me come hang out at your work so I didn't go crazy stressing myself out! :) I'm so glad your interview went well. Maybe we can dress up as Pirates another time...