Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Scalers!!!!

So....today in clinic we practiced with our scalers. We learned the differnce between supra and subgingival scalers, gracys and bernhards. It was AMAZING let me tell you! (did you catch the sarcasim?) Truthfully it was good to practice, but it got a little boring...scaling for two hours...I hope that never happens in real life. I'm still feeling...not awkward, but I'm not 100% sure where to position the instrument and if I'm using the right end. I just don't want to scrape someone's gums off. Yikes that would be painful. I think I just really want it to be Friday so I can go to Logan! I'll be so glad when my weekend affair will be over and I can see Rob everyday!
Today we also did the intraoral camera. Now that was cool. I think I would really have some fun with that! I'm excited to use that! I'll keep you posted. bye.

1 comment:

Yoonjung said...

Boring?
I did not have time to be bored today. It was busy day for me. I didn't practice anterior scaling last Thursday, so today was my first time using scalers. I am pretty relaxed when I working on a Dexter, but real person's mouth is different story. I am little nervouse for next monday's partner treatment. Hopefully, I don't scrap off my partner's gum (I mean not too much).