Friday, February 23, 2007

X-rays

Well, Wednesday night my patient's mother called and cancelled for him, so I was out a monring pt. When I got in I called around and was able to find a girl to come in, but she couldn't come in until 10. So...I waited around for her. I passed off my blood glucose PE in the meantime and by the time my pt got there I was able to finish her OD. We'll take x-rays on her next time to make and accurate classification.

In the afternoon my pt was such a sweet lady. She spoke spanish and I was trying to speak to her in my super spanish! It was kinda funny, but I think I did ok for the most part. Lilly helped me a few times. The crazy thing was that she had a lot of work done and a ton of active caries, but she really had like no boneloss. She said she had some pain while we were doing the extra oral exam. It was hurting her on the R side of her nose. I felt it and it felt a tiny bit more swollen when compared to the other side. Prof. Alexander came over and we checked it out. She had a remaning root tip on #4 that we saw in the BWX, but other than that we couldn't see anything. However, we felt that in order for us to treat her better, it would be nice to have an FMX, so we did that and decided to call it a day. Her gums were very tender and I wouldn't have been able to clean her at all with out doing an injection, and I don't know if she was ready for that. I don't think I was ready to clean around all the active caries either. Anyhow, she's coming back another day, so we'll get her taken care of.

No comments: