Friday, April 06, 2007

Mockboard

Yesterday was mockboards. Our last one! Holy cow, or as Michelle says Santa Vaca! Only three more weeks of school! Yikes!

Anyhow, my board went well. I had my board pt come in so I could clean another quad of her mouth, but when she opened to take x-rays I noticed all her post. teeth had amalgam MODs. Oopsy! Oh well, I didn't really care. Nardy said on a few she couldn't tell if it was amalgam or calculus, so so only gave me 9 or 10 clicks. The sad thing... I didn't even think about submitting extra teeth. Well, I did, but I had no clue which ones, so I opted out.

So she didn't qualify technically, but she did have a lot of calculus and so it was just good to clean her. Besides from not qualifying, they didn't send her back for me to get anything else off, so I got it all. NICE!

It was a really good experience though b/c I watched my time. Took 1/2 hr to ultrasonic, 1/2 hr to hand scale, some more ultrasonic, some hand scale, ultrasonic a couple areas one more time, hand scale, took a break for a couple minutes, sat down explored, removed one more piece and called it good. And I was even done 10 minutes early! I sure hope that's how it goes on boards. My day is Friday, May 11 @ 12:00. Luckily my pt is understanding and really nice! And she's on time! That's like the best ever!

I'll blog later and put up pictures. I feel like all I've been doing is studing. I did however take my written. Waiting to see how that turns out!

No comments: