Monday, February 04, 2008

Special Olympics


So every year for the last 5 years I've had the amazing opportunity to be a volunteer at the Utah Special Olympics winter games!  I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  The athletes are so fun!  They have such positive attitudes and just love to cheer each other on!  Here are some of the highlights from this year.  I ran the cross country skiing event this year:
This is Steve, he's so great!  He always says "I Steve, I Fast!"  
This is the awards for the 250M event.  Brent, who's on his ski's took first place.  He was great too!  He kept calling me gorgeous and he said I've got great legs! :)

Brent, Mary Dawn, and Mike getting ready for the 1K
These are the distance guys.  Tony, Dave and Patrick.  Patrick had the opportunity to go to Japan for the last world games!  They do the 5 and 3K!
Here we are, Rob, me, Tiff and her friend Eric.  We had so much fun!  There was also SO much SNOW!!! Everything was covered and it just kept snowing.  All day!  
Well, another successful year at North Fork Park.  This is seriously one of the most rewarding opportunities I've ever had, and I'm glad to say this is one of our traditions!  These kids are some of the most wonderful people that I would ever want to be around.  They are truly amazing and I'm so glad that I have the chance to be around their special, special spirits!



No comments: