Sunday, February 17, 2008

UDA, State Wrestling, and game night.

Whew, we've had a busy week!  This weekend was the Utah Dental Association convention.  I was only able to make it on Friday, which turned out ok.  I went to a semi-interesting continuing education course on cavities and how they are caused and what we can do as hygienists to stop the disease.  The only part that was neat was that Esther Wilkins, the lady who wrote our main textbook for school was teaching the course.  Other than that, it was information that we've learned in school.  Nothing new really.  The part I loved most about the convention was seeing all my classmates!  Some of us were able to go to lunch at Macaroni Grill. (Yummy!)  Melissa with her quick thinking skills got us right in at the bar, a very good tip I'll have to remember in the future! (Sorry this is the only picture I got and the lighting is HORIBBLE!)

Friday night we went to State wrestling down in Orem at UVU (UVSC) to watch my dad's team try for state 2 yrs in a row.  Unfortunately it didn't happen.  They lost by 4.5 pts!  That's a tough one!  I don't have any pictures of it, but it was fun for me b/c it was the first year that Rob was able to come!  He actually enjoyed it!
Then on Saturday my cousin Tagg came to my grandparents for the weekend w/ his "friend" Katie, or Kate...I forget.  So some of us went up to play games with them.  We had a great time playing Cranium.  Eric is trying to act out Ronald Reagan for Tiffany.
Brandon is doing a sensodoodle w/ his eyes closed!  He seriously has the best facial expressions in this game!
We had a great night and it was fun to spend it w/ family.  I'm so thankful for my family and that we are as close as we all are.  I'm so blessed to have their influence and example in my life!  As far as games go, I'm currently obsessed w/ settlers of cattan.  I think it will be my next purchase!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

FUN FUN FUN!! Jeff and I LOVE to play games. Our favorite... Ticket to Ride. I highly recommend it! Ash and Preston are getting VERY serious. I think there will be a wedding in August. AHH crazy huh!

Linsay and Jake said...

Oh my heck Tati, Jake would be your best friend, he LOVES settlers of cattan!!! He would probably play it at least once a week if I played it with him. I'm not a huge fan but the game is alright. We also love to play games!

Rory and Jen said...

It was definately fun to see everyone at UDA, and the macaroni grill was excellent.
Settlers is a great game, Rory and I are big game players. Settlers and Cranium are two of my favorite games.

Unknown said...

It was good to see you at UDA. I wished I coul've gotten together with more people but it was just so busy! It was my husbands birthday too! Anyway, I love your new bedspread it is so cute!

Skye said...

I'm sad I missed you at UDA, I only went on Thursday, and we went to Macaroni grill too. It sounds like you're doing great. And yes, I am so stressed about boards. What do I need to know for LA? And do you think I should focus on past boards, or a Mosby's book? I feel like I'm running out of time and am not going to get to everything. Thanks, take care.