Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Lover Boy

How did you meet your LoVe ? Answer all the questions HONESTLY . . . .
1. Where did you meet? At my cousin's wife's mother's house...get that?

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? "Oh...He looks like a basketball player"  If you know anything about me, it's that basketball isn't my favorite sport. My dad is a wrestling coach, so naturally, I totally wanted to marry a wrestler.  So that thought didn't get him points in my book.

3. Do you remember what she/he was wearing? Yes, his favorite red hoodie and jeans.

4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? My office at Weber State.  We went to lunch over spring break and I had a feeling that he was going to do it when we walked back to my office and I was so hoping that he wouldn't do it there.  He did it twice b/c he thought he missed me the first time:)  He was so nervous.

5. How did he/she ask you out? Well, the first time he asked me out, he called me and asked if I had plans for the next Saturday night, and if I wanted to go on a date with him.  He would call me every Thursday to ask me out for the following week.  And for a few weeks, I didn't hear from him more than that.  He didn't have a cell phone!  Can you believe!? :)

6. Where did you go for your first date? He came to get me from the Richardson Memorial Tournament that my brother was wrestling in and we went to Salt Lake to meet his mission companion and his wife.  We went to The Pie, then to Gateway to try to find something to do, but his companion's wife didn't want to do anything and we spent like an hour trying to convince her there was plenty of stuff to do.  Needless to say, I was glad when they decided to go home.

7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? Well...an official couple, I would say about 2 months.  We met Jan. 2 and then on Valentine's he brought me some flowers, a week or two after that, we were together every weekend.

8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes! On Saturday conference in October.  He told me that we had to drop some family history stuff off at the Logan temple.  I totally didn't even think that they would be closed (duh!).  He parked outside of the gates in front of the temple and asked if I was going to come w/ him.  I shrugged "sure".  We went up, the doors were locked and so we headed back to the car, mind you, I was starving!  Rob started going towards the fountain and asked if I wanted to make a wish.  He gave me three pennies and I threw them in and started walking back to the car.  I was so hungry!  He called me back and said "Hey, don't I get to make a wish?"  So I said "oh, ok" then he pulled out one band and said "My first wish is that you'll wear this" pulled out the second band "My second wish is that you'll wear this" and pulled out the solitare and said "my third wish is that you'll say 'Yes'"  I was so shocked!  He was so totally smooth.  That doesn't happen when he's nervous!  He did such a good job!

9. Do you and this person have kids together? Not yet, maybe in a year or two...

10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? No

11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person? On our first date we drove past West HS in SLC and Rob locked the doors.  I asked if he meant to do that and he said "Yeah, this is a scary place in Salt Lake."  I laughed and thought he was a funny kid, and I liked that !

12. Do you get along with any of the ex's of your partner? He doesn't have any, lucky me! :)

13. Do you trust this person? Absolutely.

14. Do you see your partner in your future? Yes.

15. Whats the most expensive thing this person has given you? My Wedding ring, I'm assuming, I don't want to see the price, but I guess he's paid for a bit of my education.  Him and my dad! :)

16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves. He does things differently than I do, that's the biggest thing.  He also worries about our financial situations a lot more than I do, which drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm always grateful that I have that, rather than someone who doesn't know what he's doing and how much debt he's getting into.

17. What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves? I'm late and I forget to run errands for him. :)

18. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? So much more in love with him everyday of that 15 years.  We'll probably have a few kids and we'll just be loving being part of a community.  Truthfully, I see us like the Taylor's from Friday night lights b/c Rob wants to coach football, except our kids won't be 15 years apart. :)

3 comments:

Carin said...

Love your story! :) I can't wait to see where you guys are in 15 years!

Ginger said...

Oh my gosh Tati, I am OBSESSED with Friday Night Lights! And I think they cancelled it mid-season because of the stinkin writing strike. I signed a petition on line to bring it back... I'm crossing my fingers. It is so good. I have a crush on Tim Riggins! Dirty I know.

Aimee said...

You guys are so cute. I hope Eric and I are as happy as you guys when we're married!