Monday, January 21, 2008

Babysitting and Red Hats

Now this is what I call babysitting!  My friend Danielle had us watch her little boy Saturday night and it was seriously not to bad...it was kind of fun!  He was such a good kid!  For most of the time we put in "Muppets in Manhattan" and he just loved it!  He would laugh and clap and talk to the tv.  He just loving the show! And he looked so cute just sitting there eating his little cookies and drinking from his sippy cup!  Can you tell we don't have kid! ?  We had fun with him, but don't don't expect us to be making any type of announcement soon, I still don't know if I'm ready.
Then today we went to help serve breakfast for a Martin Luther King Jr. celebration in Ogden.  It was neat to hear the speakers talk about the man who stood and encouraged people to fight for the respect that they deserve as well as the right to all be equal.  While there I met some ladies from the Riverdale chapter of the Red Hat society!  Oh Snap!  Can I just tell you that I've always wanted to be a member of the Red Hats!  Seriously to have an excuse to get all dolled up like that and have a blast doing it!  One of the ladies said "we don't just do service, we shop a lot and eat a lot, to sustain ourselves while shopping."  How great is that!  So of course I had to get a picture.  Rob just laughed, but enjoyed listening to them.  The great news, they have a "Pink Hat Society" that is for ladies under the age of 50!  So watch out, I might be on the lookout for a fantastic pink hat! 


2 comments:

Carin said...

That is awesome! I always wanted to be part of that group too! When else can you wear red and purple and get away with it. HAHA! I need to live closer so we can join. :)

RHAM said...

The Red Hat Society seems great! Its nice they let you tag along under 50 wearing a pink hat!