Monday, January 28, 2008

Praise to the Man

Last night I was saddened to hear of the passing of our prophet Gordon B. Hinckley.  Mostly saddened for selfish reasons, because I won't be able to hear his words again, at least not new words.  In my journal last night, I wrote of the love that I had for him.  He was a man of much respect in the fact that he was very honorable, humble, strong and the epitome of faith!  
He has been the prophet since I was 10, so I remember him the most.  He was the one that influenced my teenage years and helped me through college years as well.   I am honored that I was able to hear his 6 Be's talk.  I remember being enlightened with the words that he spoke and remember thinking "This is how I need to live me life.  I need to strive to obtain these traits."  I have them hanging in my house.  
I'm also very grateful to him for his encouragement of women to obtain an education.  I have really grasped on to that concept and I believe that knowing that the Lord wanted me to obtain an education really helped me to stay in school and get one, which I must say I am forever indebted to Him for the help he gave me through it.
Alas, the world is a better place because of him and for that I am eternally grateful!

No comments: