Sunday, January 06, 2008

Christmas 2007

Wow!  The end of this year just FLEW by!  Seriously!  We were so busy with work and parties with family and friends.  The truth though, is that we LOVED every minute of it!  It was so good to see Carin and see my aunt and uncle from Michigan and my cousin Krisha from Texas!  It was good to see everyone!  Like I said, we kept really busy, and unfortunately I haven't kept up with the blog, but I (we) got a new laptop (Apple, due to Rob's great research on getting us to most for our money) and I'm trying to figure it out.  As soon as I do and out Internet is hooked up (one suggestion, don't order things like that online, it's hard to get all your questions asked, but Rob got a hold of people and luckily worked everything out and got us our rebate!) I'll be blogging strong!  But in the meantime, hold on to your pants b/c we've got some major pictures coming up...

Let's start with our house...As promised in an earlier post that I would put a picture of our Christmas Tree...I introduce our tree 
for this year.  Truthfully, I was a little nervous about how it would turn out, but with some some kind loving hands (of mine) and some encouragement (from Rob) we were able to pull him off
More Decor
We were also on our ward Christmas party committee and I volunteered to make a fireplace, I must say I'm rather proud of myself!

December 8th was my fantastic Grandpa Pete's 76th Birthday!  My grandma had been in the hospital and so we just threw a surprise party at their house w/ pizza and cake.
Christmas Eve proved to be a fantastic night.  Rob and I finished picking up stocking stuffers and last minute things in preparation for the night.  My cousins from Provo came up to spend the holiday with us and we had such a great time with them!  It's so much more exciting when you have little kids around who still believe in the Big Guy!
We had a chocolate fountain that the kids just loved!  Notice the chocolate on the upper lip...
My brother Elder Petersen is serving in the Mexico, Cuernavaca Mission and we were able to talk to him on Christmas Eve.  It was so fun to hear his voice.  He's picking up that Hispanic drawl and elongates the end of every word that is at the end of a sentence.  
After the call Rob promised the boys that he would take them out to enjoy the freshly fallen snow!  How fun!  Here they are thinking they're pretty hot stuff...which I must say they are, especially the one in back!
Emma wanted to get out there too, however, I think she was a bit nervous at first.
Sisters!  I seriously love these two so much!  I consider them some of my very best friends.  It's crazy to think we used to tease each other so much (okay, as the oldest I did most of it).  I never would've guessed I'd love being with them so much!
I Love my parent's house!  Rob put up the lights for them this year.  It just feels like Christmas!
After reading the story of our Savior's birth we all got hunkered down for bed.  The Riley's always sleep in the same room (not sure why they still do, I think it's mostly b/c of Rob) so Rob insisted that we do the same.  The little kids were excited and Rob and Mattias kept each other company through the night talking about how hard it was for them to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Seriously, even though we don't have kids, Rob gets all the excitement just like they do.  I don't know if I'll ever have a peaceful night of sleep on that day ever again.

Christmas Morning was Great!  The kids and Rob were so excited!  Sorry this picture is a bit blurry.  They were rushing to get to the presents.
Rob made sure that my dad was taken care of as well...Seriously!  He couldn't have been more happy!
Rob obviously got visited by Santa as well.  By the way, I love his shirt!  He's had that for years!  But its still in good condition and it's true!  This year he had quite a few surprises.  He mostly got new clothes b/c he'll be student teaching starting this semester (YES!) but I got him the X-Men Trilogy and a few other fun things.  I don't understand why he doesn't think clothes are fun!
Here he is playing with our big gift from Santa.  Gotta Love that guy!
We spent the rest of the morning watching the x-men trilogy and just lounging around.
Later we went to Rob's parents and visited my grandparents.  It was such a great day!  I'm sad it's over.  I heard someone say the other day "Nothing's over like Christmas is OVER"!  So true!  But it was a great one that we will always remember!  We are so incredibly blessed to have the Gospel, and such wonderful family and friends!  We love you all and hope you a have a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so glad you're back tots! I've missed you! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Mine was pretty fun too. It was a ton more fun as a graduate, and NOT as student. Love ya girlie!

Carin said...

I love the pictures! Thanks. It was SO good to see you too! :)

Ginger said...

Tati! I saw your blog from Carin Reeder's (Larson's). Hope you don't minde. I have a three hour break at school so I am spending it blog-hopping. The ironic thing is, I ran into Dan today here at Weber and he asked if I had talked to you recently. So funny. Glad to see you are happy and had a great Christmas. If you ever want to visit our blog it is gingandty.blogspot.com. Love ya!

Melissa said...

WOW! looks like lots of fun! Isn't Christmas the best!